Optimize Your Building's Performance with the Save On Energy-Existing Building Commissioning Program
Enhance Energy Efficiency and Sustainability with Green Canada Energy Advisors
Existing Building Commissioning Program:
Enhance Your Building’s Energy Efficiency and Value
Improve your building’s energy management and reduce energy waste with Save on Energy’s Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) program. By implementing best practices in building operations and maintenance, you can enhance occupant comfort, increase profitability, and contribute to a more sustainable future.
What Does the Program Offer?
The EBCx program provides financial incentives to commercial building owners in Ontario. These incentives can be used to hire qualified commissioning providers who will conduct building recommissioning. This process helps identify potential energy conservation measures and implement recommended improvements to optimize facility operations and maintenance (O&M) practices
Additionally, the program offers pay-for-performance incentives based on the achieved energy savings resulting from the implemented practices. Participants will receive training from the commissioning provider to integrate ongoing commissioning into their standard management practices, ensuring long-term energy efficiency and sustainability.
Maximize Profitability and Property Value
Boost your bottom line by reducing operating costs and extending the life of your equipment. These energy-efficient practices lead to increased profitability and higher property values.
Minimize Environmental Impact
Work with a commissioning provider to identify energy-saving opportunities and reduce your carbon footprint. By implementing sustainable practices, you can contribute to a greener future.
Cultivate a Culture of Continuous Improvement
Gain valuable training on building management practices and embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. This approach ensures that savings persist over time, resulting in long-term benefits for your organization.
Enhance Occupant Comfort
Improve indoor air quality, thermal comfort, and noise levels in your building. By implementing effective building management practices, you can create a more comfortable and productive environment for occupants.
What are the advantages of participating in the program?
By engaging in this program, you can experience the following benefits:
- Increase profitability and property value: Reduce operating costs and extend equipment life, leading to higher profits and property value.
- Reduce environmental impact: Collaborate with a commissioning provider to identify energy-saving opportunities and lower your carbon footprint.
- Develop a continuous improvement mindset: Receive training on enhancing building management practices, fostering a culture of continuous improvement for long-term savings.
- Enhance occupant comfort: Improve indoor air quality, thermal comfort, and noise reduction, promoting occupant satisfaction and productivity.
coldClimate Air Source Heat Pumps
To be eligible for the incentive, your heat pump must meet the following criteria:
- It must be listed on Natural Resource Canada’s list of cold climate air source heat pumps and available in Canada.
- It must have a capacity maintenance percentage of 80% or greater.
- It must have a rated heating capacity of at least 12,000 BTUs.
- It must have a noise rating of 55dB or less during the cooling season.
How does the program work?
The program operates through three phases, each offering incentives upon completion:
Is the EBCx program suitable for my organization?
To be eligible for the program, you must be the owner, operator, or manager of a commercial or institutional building and meet the following criteria:
Your facility/facilities should:
- Have a minimum of 12 months of consecutive energy data.
- Consume a minimum of 750,000 kWh per annum, excluding energy used in industrial and manufacturing processes.
- Meet the minimum standards for baseline models, which can be found in the Measurement and Verification (M&V) Guidelines or discussed with your commissioning provider.
- Have not undergone a commissioning exercise in the past two years.
- Not participate in a building accreditation system that requires EBCx as a prerequisite.
- Be connected to, or behind the meter of, an electricity customer connected to the IESOcontrolled grid or a distribution system.
- Fulfill any other eligibility requirements outlined in the M&V Guidelines.
In addition, your project must include one of the following measures:
- Occupant behavioral measures.
- Set point and scheduling optimization.
- Air and water balancing.
- Other operational and maintenance changes.
- Equipment repairs and minor replacements
Please consult the Program Requirements for a complete list of eligibility criteria and program measures. All measures are subject to review and approval by the IESO. For technical assistance, we recommend reaching out to your commissioning provider.
Empowering Energy Efficiency for a Sustainable Future
Supercharge your energy efficiency journey with Green Canada. Explore our comprehensive solutions and expert guidance to maximize your savings and environmental impact. Start your sustainable transformation today
Request a Call Back.
FAQs about Save On Energy-Existing Building Commissioning Program
Green Canada provides expertise and support to building owners in implementing energy efficiency measures and sustainable practices to reduce operating costs and environmental impact.
Green Canada offers a comprehensive range of services, including financing options, technical guidance, and access to incentives, making it a reliable and convenient partner for achieving your energy efficiency goals.
Energy retrofit projects can help improve the energy performance of your building, reduce operating costs, increase property value, enhance occupant comfort, and contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
Green Canada works with a wide range of building types, including commercial, residential, institutional, and industrial buildings, to provide energy retrofit solutions tailored to specific needs.
Green Canada offers various financing options, including loans and incentives, to help building owners overcome financial barriers and make energy retrofit projects more affordable and accessible.
Energy efficiency measures can include upgrading lighting systems, improving insulation, optimizing HVAC systems, installing renewable energy technologies, and implementing smart building controls, among others.
The duration of an energy retrofit project can vary depending on the scope and complexity of the project. Green Canada works closely with building owners to develop a customized timeline and ensure efficient project implementation.
Green Canada provides project management support, including coordination with contractors and suppliers, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the project is executed according to the established plan and timeline.
To get started, simply contact Green Canada and discuss your energy retrofit goals and project requirements. They will guide you through the process, provide information on available services and financing options, and help you take the first steps towards a more energy-efficient and sustainable building.